LOSING A LOVED ONE IS ONE OF THE MOST DEVASTATING EVENTS A FAMILY MAY ENDURE.
It is especially more difficult when a loved one is lost as a result of a wrongful death due to someone else’s negligence or misconduct. Surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for their tragic loss. The Darwish Law Firm understands that no amount of compensation can ever fill the void of losing a loved one, but getting compensation with the help of our wrongful death lawyers can help a family with the financial losses that may have been caused.
WHO CAN SUE FOR WRONGFUL DEATH IN CALIFORNIA?
California Code of Civil Procedure Section 377.60 allows the following family members (or their personal representatives) to file a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Surviving Spouse
- Domestic Partners
- Grandchildren (if the deceased person’s children are deceased)
- Other minor children who were dependent on the deceased for at least 50% of minor’s support
- Anyone else entitled to the deceased property by intestate succession
If you have a question about a potential case, our wrongful death attorney is available 24/7 to help.
TYPES OF WRONGFUL DEATH CASES
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premise Liability / Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Dog Bite
- Criminal Acts
- Dangerous Conditions of Public or Private Property
- Excessive Force by Police or Security
WHAT CAN BE RECOVERED IN A WRONGFUL DEATH CASE?
- Financial support deceased would have contributed to the family, including income and wages
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Reasonable value of household services
- Medical expenses
- Loss of gifts or benefits deceased would have given to their
- Loss of society, companionship, protection, training/guidance, affection, sexual relations, emotional support
- Deceased pain and suffering while still alive
Get The Justice You Deserve!
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO FILE A WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT?
The statute of limitation to file a wrongful death claim in California is two years. If the wrongful death claim occurred as a result of medical malpractice, the statute of limitations is one year. If the wrongful death claim is against a governmental entity, you have 6 months to file a government claim. Our wrongful death lawyers can help determine the statute of limitation for your case.
OUR GUARANTEE: IF YOU DON’T WIN, YOU DON’T OWE US ANYTHING
At The Darwish Law Firm, we work on contingency. If we don’t win your wrongful death case and recover money, you don’t owe us anything. We guarantee it.
NO UPFRONT FEES. CALL OUR WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY TODAY FOR A FREE, NO-RISK CONSULTATION
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by consulting our wrongful death lawyers. Take the first step towards healing and compensation by calling The Darwish Law Firm at (424) 369-5353. If you are unable to come to us, we will come to you!