INSURANCE COMPANIES MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!
We purchase insurance to protect us in the event of an accident or peril. It gives us peace of mind to know we are protected if something bad happens and we expect the insurance company will have our backs. Unfortunately, we don’t always get what we pay for. If your insurance provider has not fulfilled their obligation to you in your time of need, our Los Angeles bad faith insurance attorneys can make sure the insurance companies are held accountable and not acting in bad faith.
WHAT IS INSURANCE BAD FAITH?
Insurance companies are a for-profit business. Their objective is to collect premiums while underpaying for, or even denying, valid claims. Insurance companies act in “bad faith” when they puts their own interests ahead of their insured. Remember, your insurance policy is a contract and the insurance company must uphold all of its obligations under that contract. Our bad faith insurance lawyers at The Darwish Law Firm can review your claim and determine if you are entitled to compensation.
First-Party Bad Faith Claims
First-party insurance claims means claims brought by you under your own insurance policy (ex. property, health, life, or any other personal insurance policy). Examples of first-party bad faith claims include:
- Failure to properly and effectively investigate a claim
- Undue and unreasonable delay investigating your claim
- Undue and unreasonable delay in payment of your claim
- Being misleading or dishonest as to policy coverages, policy language, and policy limits
- Refusing to pay your claim without proper investigation
- Lowball settlement offer (improper and unreasonable valuation of your claim)
- Unreasonable denial of a valid claim
- Paying only partial benefits under your policy
Third-Party Bad Faith Claims
Individuals may also purchase insurance to protect themselves against claims made by a third party. For example, if you cause a collision and are sued for injuries and damages that you caused, your insurance company is obligated to defend you. Examples of third-party bad faith claims include:
- Failing to provide you defense against a third-party claim
- Non-payment of defense costs and failure to indemnify you
TYPES OF INSURANCE CLAIMS
If your insurance company hasn’t fulfilled its obligation to cover your legitimate insurance claim, our insurance bad faith lawyers may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve. The Darwish Law Firm is experienced in helping clients fight bad faith cases for the following types of insurance claims:
- Vehicle Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flood / Casualty
- Business Insurance
Get The Justice You Deserve!
BREACH OF CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS V. BAD FAITH
An insurance policy is a contract between the named insureds and the insurance company. When an insurance company wrongfully denies a valid claim or makes a lowball offer, there are at least two obligations that the insurance failed to satisfy:
- The insurance company failed to fulfill its contractual obligation. It breached its contract (the insurance policy) by failing to pay you what is owed under the policy. Here, you are only entitled to contractual damages.
- It failed to act in good faith and fair dealing, which is known as “bad faith.” If an insurance company is found to have acted in bad faith, you may recover above and beyond your original claim value. Unlike a breach of contract claim, a bad faith claim may obligate an insurance company to pay punitive damages. Additionally, you may be entitled to court fees and costs, attorneys fees, and lost interest.
If you want to streamline your insurance claim and make sure the insurance company is held accountable, contact The Darwish Law Firm. Don’t let the insurance company have its way and take advantage of you during this stressful time.
OUR GUARANTEE: IF YOU DON’T WIN, YOU DON’T OWE US ANYTHING
If our insurance bad faith lawyers don’t win and recover money for your case, you don’t owe us anything. We guarantee it.
NO UPFRONT FEES. CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE, NO-RISK CONSULTATION
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by reaching out to The Darwish Law Firm. Our bad faith insurance attorneys care about your recovery and compensation and if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you. Call us today at (424) 369-5353.
Get Your FREE Legal Consultation With A Friendly Lawyer!
FILL OUT THE FORM ABOVE FOR A NO-OBLIGATION REVIEW OF YOUR CASE