HAVE YOU SUFFERED A SPINAL CORD INJURY? CALL THE DARWISH LAW FIRM TODAY!
Spinal cord injuries are a type of catastrophic personal injury and trauma to the spinal cord can have serious consequences. Like the brain, the spinal cord controls important and basic functions that, if damaged, can never be repaired. A spinal cord injury often causes permanent damage and lifelong disabilities and the spinal cord injury attorneys at The Darwish Law Firm will fight to get you the care and compensation you need.
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Association, as many as 450,000 people in the U.S. are living with a spinal cord injury.
- Spinal cord injury is highest among persons age 16-30, in whom 53.1 % of injuries occur; more injuries occur in this age group than in all other age groups combined.
- Males represent 81.2 % of all reported spinal cord injuries.
- Among both genders, auto accidents and falls are the two leading causes of spinal cord injuries, in that order.
Auto accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injury in the United States for people age 65 and younger, while falls are the leading cause of spinal cord injury for people 65 and older.
THE SPINAL CORD
The spinal cord is the main pathway for information connecting the brain and peripheral nervous system. In other words, the brain is the command center for your body and the spinal cord is the pathway for the messages sent by the brain to the body and from the body to the brain.
The spinal cord is about 18 inches long, extending from the base of the brain to near the waist. The spine itself is divided into four sections, not including the tailbone:
- Cervical Vertebrae (C1-7) located in the neck
- Thoracic Vertebrae (T1-12) located in the upper back
- Lumbar Vertebrae (L1-5) located in the lower back
- Sacral Vertebrae (S1-5) located in the pelvis
COMMON CAUSES OF SPINAL CORD INJURIES
At The Darwish Law Firm, our personal injury attorneys are experienced in helping clients that have experienced a spinal cord injury. Some of the most common causes of spinal cord injury include:
- Car Accidents
- Slip & Falls / Trip & Falls
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Rideshare Accidents
- Product Defects
TYPES OF SPINAL CORD INJURIES
All spinal cord injuries are divided into two categories: incomplete and complete spinal cord injuries. Our spinal injury lawyer will work with your doctor to assess the severity of your injury and determine how much compensation your case is worth.
Incomplete spinal cord injuries:
The spinal cord is partially damaged, allowing the injured person to retain some function. Common types include:
- Anterior cord syndrome– injury to front of the spinal cord
- Central cord syndrome– injury to the center of the spinal cord
- Brown-Sequad syndrome–damage to one side of the spinal cord (ex. movement on right side, but may be fully retained on left)
Complete spinal cord injuries:
The spinal cord is fully damaged, eliminating function.
Common Types of Spinal Cord Injuries Include:
- Tetraplegia (aka quadriplegic) – results from damage to cervical spine and typically most severe causing loss of muscle function (paralysis) in all four extremities
- Paraplegia – results from damage to thoracic spine causing loss of sensation and movement to lower half of the body, including legs
- Triplegia – loss of sensation and movement in one arm and both legs
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF A SPINAL CORD INJURY
- Extreme pain or pressure in the neck, head or back
- Tingling or loss of sensation
- Pain or weakness
- Partial or complete loss of control over any part of the body (paralysis)
- Problems with bladder or bowel function
- Difficulty with balance and walking
- Difficulty breathing
- Nerve pain
- Muscle pain
- Changes in mood
- Loss of sexual function
Get The Justice You Deserve!
GETTING MEDICAL CARE AND TREATMENT
It is important to seek professional medical care and attention immediately if you have experienced a spinal cord injury. Obtaining medical care from a doctor specializing in spinal cord injury treatment will allow you to get the care you need to recover and will help our spinal cord injury lawyers validate your claim.
The Darwish Law Firm is experienced in spinal cord injuries and can help advise you of qualified medical providers. Our office will help you get the treatment and care you need and can help you with your medical bills or if you do not have health insurance.
OUR GUARANTEE: IF YOU DON’T WIN, YOU DON’T OWE US ANYTHING
At The Darwish Law Firm, our spinal cord injury attorneys work on contingency. If you don’t win and recover money for your spinal cord injury case, you don’t owe us anything. We guarantee it.
NO UPFRONT FEES. CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE, NO-RISK CONSULTATION WITH A SPINAL CORD INJURY LAWYER
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by calling The Darwish Law Firm at (424) 369-5353. Take the first step towards your recovery and compensation and contact us today. If you are unable to come to us, we will come to you!